At Merit Tutors we aim to provide your child a solid foundation of the relevant material required for KS3. We want to ensure that your child is confident enough to ease into their GCSE’s and has learnt the correct skills to succeed. We understand that each KS3 year group requires a different style of tutoring therefore our tutors take the time to understand your child’s needs in order to provide a specifically tailored teaching service.
Our KS3 Environment
- Our teachers understand the difficulty some students face and we are here to empathise with you whilst also ensuring that your child is supported in every way possible throughout their academic journey. We challenge students even from younger years in order to develop their analytical skills and thought processes so they are able to tackle GCSE’s. We listen to each student to understand what they need from us and always aim to deliver to their expectations. Our centre creates personalised resources in line with the national curriculum so we ensure to target each individual directly whilst also making sure they are in line with the national structure
- Each teacher conducts regular tests that mimic school examinations so the students, the teachers and the parents can obtain a sense of the progress that is being made
- Past papers are often used during lessons so that students are able to answer any difficult questions by instinct.
- We keep online records of each student and make sure that we know what topics in mathematics that they are struggling in
- Paper feedback is also provided to students which they use at home to further practice and improve what they have learnt
- Regular homework is given after each class so students get enough practice on the course content at home
RATIO, PROPORTION AND RATES OF CHANGE
GEOMETRY AND MEASURES