YEAR 3 TO 6KS2 Maths
Addition and Subtraction Multiplication and Division Number and Place Value Ratio and Proportion
Fractions, Decimals and Percentages Algebra Geometry Measurement Statistics
Regular Test Progress report
Merit Tutors- KS2 MATHS
”We are ofsted Registered & all our Teachers are Qualified & DBS Checked.”
Our Teachers And Student
At Merit tutors we have a team of qualified school teachers and examiners who are experienced in teaching pupils from the East London area, which means that we are able to guarantee progress and success in every student at our tuition centre.
So How Do We Teach?
- KS2 students range from Year 3 to Year 6, whilst the lower KS2 are taught to add on from what they have learnt in KS1, the upper KS2 are being prepared for the tough learning at secondary school
- Group Tutoring: our classes have around 5/6 students in each creating a personal environment in which the teachers can maintain focus on every individual’s needs
- The personalised resources created in line with the national curriculum ensure that to target each individual directly whilst also making sure they are in line with the national structure
- Lower KS2 Maths: Tutors will ensure that students are able to effectively use whole numbers and be able to use each function confidently. Simple fractions and multiplications will become the ease of the student’s class work.
- Upper KS2 Maths: Merit tutors will teach students at this stage to start understand arithmetic problems and start using algebra.
Our KS2 Maths Environment
At KS2 mathematics moves away from simply learning about the numbers to actually solving more difficult problems and here at Merit Tuition we allow the students to effectively and quickly be able to so. We aim to not only prepare our students in mathematics for KS2 SATs but also ensure they are able to succeed in their future years at secondary school.
How can you see the results?
- Each KS2 maths teacher conducts regular, short tests on the topics they have address earlier so the students, the teachers and the parents can obtain a sense of the progress that is being made
- Every week homework is given to the students from the booklet provided by the centre and each student is expected to complete the work before their next session
- Online records of each student are kept to make sure that we know exactly what topic they are struggling in and that we can help them in the right area
- Paper feedback is also provided to students which they use at home to further practice and improve what they have learnt
What The Students Think?
“I studied for my SATs here and it was really good. I got all a 5 in my maths SAT even though I was only predicted a 4”
“My teacher is really good, he is always helping me remember my timetables and now I can multiply up to 12 off by heart”